2018 Legends Gala
Join us as we honor:
- Dr. Morris E. Franklin - Dr. Franklin is a native of Poteet, Texas and founder and director of Texas Endosurgery Institute on the south side. He has served patients in the southern sector of San Antonio for over 45 years. Dr. Franklin has authored more than 128 publications and participates in lectures at health institutions all over the country.
- Tracy Wolff - As founder of the Hidalgo Foundation of Bexar County, Tracy helped to raise millions of dollars to assist Bexar County in establishing Bibliotech on the south side. She is also a huge advocate for resources in our community, including the construction of child abuse courts and resource areas, and early childhood education campaigns.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas - Toyota is truly the first manufacturing operations facility that has showcased the strength of the workforce and economy on the south side. They have invested millions in education and workforce development - (ACE Race) and continue to provide resources for STEM education.
- Nicha's Comida Mexicana: The Garcia Family - Nicha's began on the south side of San Antonio in 1977. They expanded to Roosevelt Ave. and continue to enhance commerce in the World Heritage corridor.
- Frank Tejeda - Frank Tejeda was born and raised on the south side of SA and attended St. Leo's Catholic School. He served in the Texas House, Senate, and later became Congressman of the 28th Congressional District of Texas in 1992. Mr. Tejeda fought hard for veteran's issues and had a great passion for education.
The South San Antonio Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1982, and is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. The mission of the South San Antonio Chamber of Commerce is to stimulate sustained economic growth and prosperity for South San Antonio by providing effective networking, education and advocacy for our members and overall stewardship for our community.